Follow us on Twitter @KMHS_Counseling
AP Exams – Parents, please remind your student, if they have not already done so, to check with their AP teacher for the Edmodo KMHS AP Exam code. Important information regarding AP exams will be posted there.
.Summer opportunity for students – WellStar Cobb Hospital VolunTeen Program –
Colleges visiting KMHS and area college fairs/info sessions, click here.
For the scholarship bulletin, click here.
Transcripts and Recommendations/School Reports:
· Students must submit their request on their yellow transcript/rec request card in the Counseling Office. We often receive emails from colleges and organizations to submit information for students; we are unable to do so until students add the request to their card.
* Cost of transcripts: $2 per transcript
* Midyear reports (transcripts) – some colleges require seniors to submit a midyear report/transcript. Please wait until January 22 to submit requests.
* You must allow two school weeks for letters of recommendation and school reports to be completed. You must submit your request on your yellow Transcript/Recommendation Request Card in the Counseling Office. Official transcripts cost $2 each. Please bring exact amount.
* If you need a letter of recommendation or school report completed, your counselor must have a completed student profile sheet. Click here for profile sheet.
* If documents are to be submitted online (Common App, Coalition, etc.), please follow up with your counselor to make sure we received an email from the organization to submit your rec or transcript.
GAFutures is not updated with fall semester information at this time. Transcripts and HOPE GPA’s will be updated soon.
Seniors – Your FAFSA is due! Fill it out at fafsa.gov. Find tips and other info on twitter @FAFSA
* Avoid these 12 common FAFSA mistakes: https://blog.ed.
* Completing the FAFSA is also your HOPE/Zell Miller application
* Don’t miss out on financial aid you may qualify for! Most colleges require completion of the FAFSA even for non-need based scholarships.
* All college bound seniors should complete the FAFSA regardless of family income! It is your application for HOPE/Zell Miller. Most colleges require completion of the FAFSA to receive scholarships (including those that are NOT need based).
For all info related to HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships and Grants, including requirements and checking your HOPE GPA go to www.gafutures.org
Important – the GPA listed on the transcript is NOT your HOPE GPA
For colleges visiting KMHS and area college fairs/info sessions, click here.
Below is a breakdown of our caseloads:
|9th Grade Counselor (non-magnet)|
|10th -12th Grade Counselors (non-magnet)|
|Md-T||Dr. Renea Oseni|